Well I haven't had much time to blog...and haven't really had the motivation either but I have some time today so I figured I would play a quick catch up.
My aunts Jolene and Lanny came to visit me for a couple weeks as a surprise for my dads 50th birthday. It was great, he was surprised and we had a great time just hanging out and enjoying the time together. We had some fun times at the coast as always. But, 2 weeks came fast and they headed back to Kansas. =( Im iss them so much and could have wished I could have came back to visit my grandma. This will be 2 years since I have seen her and she is turning 80 this year.
After heading home from the airport my dad tells me that he's thinking about sending me to Kansas to surprise my grandma on her birthday...I couldn't have been more excited! Everything worked out and 2 weeks later( right now) I sit at my aunts house in Kansas. =) I can't wait. We are throwing her a surprise party on Sunday.
Now to back track just a little. My flight out of portland left at 8:55...and you are supposed to be there a couple hours early. Which meant for us that we had to leave the house no later than 4 in the morning... Yikes! I was up at 3:30 and by 4 we headed out. Everything went fine and we made it to the airport, the lines were long so there wasn't much time to hang out with my dad so we hugged and said goodbye... I am horrible with goodbye's and even got teary eyed saying goodbye to him. Anyways, I made it through security and all that and found my gate...everything was on time. I made it to the Denver airport at 12 their time, with my next flight scheduled to leave at 2:30...well just as we were supposed to start boarding the announced it had been delayed an hour...then not to long after that they informed us that it was canceled! Ugh! I am not a happy camper by now. I had a headache and was not in the mood to continue to sit in the airport. They put me on another flight and this one left at 6:55...that's 7 hours that I had been waiting in the airport...I was just praying this flight actually left! The airline felt bad and gave me a food voucher so I didn't have to pay for my dinner...so that was nice.
We boarded and off we went. It was one of those little planes...not a big fan of that. They are ridiculously loud but atlast I made it! With my aunt there to greet me. =) It was so nice to see her again.
We got my luggage and headed to the house. She walked in and I followed and my other aunt(lanny) didn't even notice. I sat down on the couch before she over knew it was me. At that point she started laughing and was like how'd you get here!? Where Jo and I started laughing and teasing that she drove out to Oregon to get me in 20 minutes. To where she replied "oh you flew!" She was very surprised and it was nice to see her reaction. I can't wait to see the rest of the family and their faces. =)
So for now I'm just hanging out with the dog(willie.)

I'll keep you all updated.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment