Thursday, November 20, 2008

SILENCE!!!!

Oh how I wish I had some silence.

My mind never stops going, thinking of all sorts of things and people. I worry and I try to help...it's just what I do. So really I should be reminding myself that I can't do anything but pray and God will take care of the rest but...I REALLY WANT TO HELP! You know when either you have kids or babysitting and you are doing something important or in a hurry and the kid wants to help but you really have it all under control and they would only slow you down? Well I feel like the kid... begging to be able to help...but I know it will only slow down the process. I am really trying to let it be...I really am.

There is so much on my mind...I am so EXCITED that tomorrow is Friday because this week has been challenging in so many ways that I am ready for a break(I hope) many times this week I have found myself thinking this: "God, it's me again...Um, so I am dealing with this really big problem right now...and well I don't think you meant...well I mean are you sure...cause well I am not so sure you really meant this problem for me to handle... cause well...I CAN'T DO THIS....Is there another Jessica that you meant it for?" Then I get to laugh at myself for being so ridiculous knowing that God ABSOLUTELY meant it for me and knows I can't do it by myself and He was just waiting for the word to swoop in and save me.

I have been swooped up a few times this week...it has felt real good too. I keep getting reminded that I am not alone, I don't have to do it on my own, and that God is in control of my life and all I need to do is surrender.

David Crowder sings "You never let go, you never let go, you never let go" Which always brings a smile to my face...because no matter how many times I lost my grip and let go...He never did...and He never will.

=)

No comments: