Sunday, January 18, 2009

Feeling sentimental.

Here we are again...getting close to the end of January...where has the time gone.

I was hoping that this new year would bring happiness, contentment, peace, love, and all things good. Instead it has brought me anger, pain, stress, hurt, and confusion.

I have had some great times. Making some great new memories with those I love dearly.
Yet, the sadness follows me everywhere. I have spent awhile in this weird funk. I was deppressed for awhile. Even when I had plenty of things to be over joyed about I just wasn't.

I have come to terms with some things so far in this new year. That people move on, and I am perfectly okay with that. Sometimes friendships just end and you can't do anything about it. Ones that I didn't want to end did and then some that were on that track that I was trying to deny. All in all everything has worked out for the best. I know whom my real true friends are and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

I have learned the importance of family. I have always had a family in the Luizs'...I have always known that they would be there for me whenever and for whatever I ever needed. I have had some rough luck with the "mom" department...but Mam has taken that place and done an amazing job. I have felt like one of the kids. From being scolded for a crappy attitude to laughing and sharing in excitement, to sharing in the sadness with tears. I love them so much. More than I could ever express to anyone. Each one in their own way brightens my day with love.

I have learned that there is no bond quite like a sister bond. Even though we aren't blood, you are a better sister than the one I was given. You are a best friend. All I have to do is think of the last time we were together and I can be laughing in no time. You bring so much to my life and I love you so very much. I think you are starting to realize just how much. =) Our inside jokes, our endless laughs. I wouldn't change a thing.

I have learned that I am my fathers daughter. We are more alike than I would like to admit sometimes but I wouldn't change it...not ever!
If I had to choose, I would have picked him. I can't even begin to explain how much I love him. How thankful I am for him. From the laughs we have over something stupid or the fights that end up in giggles. His caring heart. His humble actions. His love for helping. I wouldn't want it any other way. He is great!

I have learned that I am who I am. I am content in who I am...and I will only change who I am for myself. I will not rearrange who I am for anyone but myself. I am done letting people walk all over me. I am a strong person that will stand up for myself. I will say what needs to be said and I will not back down to something I believe whole heartedly in.


One day you go to sleep as one person and the next day you wake up to a whole new version of yourself. I'm liking this new version. I'm not going to be afraid. I'm not going to let people control my actions.


Inspired.
=)

2 comments:

Lynsey said...

:)
i love you so much, you mean the world to me, i honestly dont know what i would do with out you or who i would be without the advice you have given me..
i truely cherish every minute we spend together, i love the laughs we have, and i love having you when the tears start falling, you have been a true blessing in my life and i thank God for you everyday, i couldnt have asked for a better best friend. Im glad you have neem put in my life as a friend, but more importantly a sister..
I love you

Brandi said...

I couldn't echo the words any better than both you and Bugg have. You are a treasure, thank you for sharing in my life....
i love you